In meditation last week we focused on generosity, and how we cultivate it or prevent it from manifesting. I just came across a blog about “generosity day” (to be celebrated the week that just past-February 14). The blog post got me thinking about the actions we do in our daily lives that cultivate generosity. Here are some things in daily life that come to mind…
- expressing your gratitude for things large and small
- eating slowly and sharing what you have
- smile at someone and say hello
- go out of your way to share appreciation with another person
- take the time to be with others
- take the time to nurture yourself
And I think that the connection between gratitude and generosity are so close. It is only in the act of gratitude for what we have, and the knowledge that what we are and what we have is enough that we can then give with reckless abandon. This includes being generous to ourselves. And it does not require money or physical goods.
~There is a willingness to receive the generosity of another that becomes the practice of gratitude.
And as well it is in the giving to oneself and to others that the seeds for deep appreciation can be planted.~